SOLVED: Reserved public suffix error when adding domain

I’m currently on the following step for linking my Google Cloud Storage bucket to fastly however I’ve hit a bit of a snag.

After specifying an override host, it tells me to add a second domain that is equal to my cloud storage url:
[bucket].storage.googleapis.com

When I do this, I get the following error:
Name ‘[bucket].storage.googleapis.com’ is a reserved public suffix: Domain is already root

I know fastly wants me to do it because it gives me an error below, but it just won’t let me add the domain. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong or what needs to be done?

WARNING: Add ‘[bucket].storage.googleapis.com’ to domain list for shielding functionality to work properly.
(input Line 761 Pos 5)
set req.http.host = “[bucket].storage.googleapis.com”;
----######################################################

I used our full domain name instead for this step and c.storage.googleapis.com as the backend host.

Thanks Luke, I realized that once you use a full domain instead of just a word, it works. Thank you!

@bgold it’s still an error you shouldn’t be getting. We’ll investigate.

You should now be able to add the bucket hostname again, as long as the bucket name does not contain periods. If it does, please contact support@fastly.com, or use the alternative setup as @lukebussey suggested.