Clone new service

Hi,

Is there a way to clone a new service based on a previous service?

We have created a development environment in Fastly named something like dev.website.com . Now it is time to launch a production version of the website and so the new configuration will be for the domain www.website.com.

The www domain would be a new “service” in Fastly, right? 99% of the configuration of the new website will be the same as the previous website… Any advice?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is there a way to clone a new service based on a previous service?

Yes, Fastly can assist to clone a service to another one. We clone all configurations, but you’ll still have to add your domains and activate it.

The www domain would be a new “service” in Fastly, right?

Correct.

Please feel free to send an email to support@fastly.com with the following information:

• Your customer ID
  • Service ID and the version (clone from)
  • Destination service ID (clone to)

Best,
Hiro

Thank you Hiro!
In this particular case I have already managed to go through all the steps and create the new configuration.

Hello Fastly,
It would be a very interesting feature in the portal. Specially for testing configuration change. When I want to test something in our UAT env. I ask the support to clone my prod service to our UAT env.
It would be great to be able to do it on our own.
Alex

Amarlot,

This is a feature that we hear a lot and are currently tracking, hopefully we will have something soon to address this.

Regards,
Steven